Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Listening, Hearing and Receiving Help

This summer has been a whirlwind of activity for me.  Since the school term ended and the summer program began, there were many things I wanted to get accomplished that did not happen.  I did however, take some time just to relax and breathe.  My life seems to require more than I am able to do and I often feel as though I am letting someone else down, when in reality it is me.  God gave me opportunity to hear from people who were willing to speak to me honestly about things that I needed to change.  It was the Lord speaking thru his people on my behalf. To hear, is not always easy, especially when the spirit of offense wants to tale precedence about what is being said. I had to listen with my heart. I was voiceless sometimes.  Not because I didn't  have one but, because I didn't always need to be heard. One of the most important issues I dealt with was to apologize to my beloved husband for holding against him things that have long gone and can no longer be accounted for.  It really wasn't for him, it was for me.  That's the way forgiveness works. I feel freed up and in some ways and can be better at being who I am called to be.  I may not have been writing a lot, but the lessons I learned were worth the writing delay.  God is so amazing and he is not finished with me yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment