Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Not The Best Day

Today wasn't one of my better days.  It was fraught with much emotion that I try to keep under wraps..  However, I did not do a good job today.  I had to apologize to my husband and my son.  I conveyed to them how sorry I was to allow myself to "go there".  Feelings were hurt as a result of my choice of words and as soon as they were out  my mouth, I knew I had to ask forgiveness.  The message I was trying to get across could have been accomplished with fewer and different words.  Ahh, if we allow ourselves to be led by the Holy Spirit, we would not have to say "I'm Sorry" as much.  What I like about the Lord among so many other things is that we have chance, after chance, after chance to get it right when we fail.  Of course, it is never if we fail, it is when.  We will all fail.   The mercy that the Lord shows us day by day is the guide of how we are to be with others.This evening, I have to talk to a friend about how he has wounded me, and I am already asking for direction and protection as the enemy would rather see us torn apart forever. I should have prayed earlier and I would not have hurt my family. I think I'm ready.  And while I am waiting I will continue to pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment